SUMMARY: The Director of Sales mentors a team of Group Event sellers and sets motivating sales goals to assist with the overall sales efforts for the assigned venue locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following.
- Responsible for the total sales of assigned venue locations and uses sales knowledge to guide the team in order to hit established sales benchmarks.
- Leads the sales efforts for the company’s outbound and inbound sales. Looks for opportunities in the local market.
- Develops and grows relationships on all levels to develop and enhance sales.
- Leads sales efforts by translating leadership into overall revenue from assigned market segments.
- Supports the Regional Vice President of Sales on projects (sales missions, trade shows, and business development duties, etc.)
- Ability to work extended workdays to support business needs.
- Other duties may be assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Event Sales Managers and Event Sales Representatives
QUALIFICATIONS: The Director of Sales possess a highly developed sense of customer service and interpersonal skills including high integrity, respect for all individuals (customers, vendors, and employees), solid communication skills, strong critical and analytical thinking skills, and appreciation of diversity (thought, ethnic, gender, etc.).
The Director of Sales must be strong team player and people developer, possess a high level of profit and loss capability, and sales and marketing skills and abilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Sales Experience—at least 8–10 years’ worth (with a minimum of 2–5 years of sales leadership, preferably in the hospitality industry and experience in related vertical market segments)
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- Proven leadership with a verifiable track record for exceeding revenue goals
- Experience with multi-unit sales or call centers preferred
- A record of sales success and team development
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
WORK ENVIRONMENT /PHYSICAL DEMANDS: General office environment where you will walk, bend and stand for periods of time.