Bowlero Corporation, the world's largest Bowling and Entertainment corporation, is looking for a Senior Leadership & Organizational Development Manager to join our team at the corporate office in New York City, NY.
If you are a driven, motivated professional seeking a challenging and rewarding position with a fun company and great work environment, apply today!
SUMMARY: The Senior Leadership and Organizational Development Manager assist the SPARCS (Systems, Process, Achievement, Recruitment, and Culture) department in helping us to achieve our mission to be a world class provider of delightful guest experiences. This includes providing focused support for specific region(s) based on the needs of the RVP/DM, and delivering solutions that improve systems related to service, revenue and profitability. This involves assessment, creating or following specific plans, on the job training of management teams, communicating progress, tracking and reporting on results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following.
- In conjunction with Director, accountable for all leadership development programs and opportunities including coaching, hi-potential development and general leadership and management development that will enhance the brand, promote retention and assure that the Company has talent ready for the next level of responsibility.
- Lead and motivate by example. Consistently provide high quality multi-functional guest service to all of Bowlero Corporation’s event and retail guests ensuring that we are exceeding company standards for guest expectations.
- Conduct needs assessments at specified centers to determine the content needed and type of training to deliver measurable results. Partner with the RVP/DM to determine performance gaps and to identify the training/coaching needed to achieve our standards.
- Implement a strategic plan based on the needs assessment at specified centers to deliver measurable results. Partner with the RVP/DM to determine performance gaps and to identify the training/coaching needed to achieve our standards.
- Confers with appropriate management to gain knowledge of specific work situations requiring employees to better understand changes in culture, policies, procedures, regulations and technologies.
- Works with DM and center management within specified centers to achieve financial objectives by developing and monitoring the performance of financial operational plans/budgets, sales & marketing plans to support the overall objectives of the Company.
- Works with the center management to control and maintain labor and expenses in all areas of operations. Analyzes variances and initiates corrective actions.
- Supervise SPARCS managers and center management and ensure that they are delivering consistent results and championing the culture of the Bowlero Corporation brand(s) and the company standards.
- Works with the training department to formulate teaching outlines and determine instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings and workshops where needed.
- Act as the primary contact for ops leadership as it relates to development of management associates through Grand Opening or Re-branded properties.
- Facilitates training sessions in the operations environment as needed to implement defined plans, changes, and updates or introduce new initiatives.
- Identifies and implements process and system simplification enhancements.
- Ability to lead projects that support various departments’ needs.
- Ability to work extended workdays to support business needs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
QUALIFICATIONS: The Senior Manager of SPARCS Leadership & Organizational Development possesses a highly developed sense of leadership. Consistently developing guest service and interpersonal skills including high integrity, respect for all individuals, solid communication skills, strong critical and analytical thinking skills, and appreciation of diversity (thought, ethnic, gender, etc.). Must be a strong team player, developer and possess strong presentation. Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Bowlero Corporation’s management systems are a must.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of Bowlero Corporation operations experience preferred. Relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS: General office environment where you will walk, bend and stand for periods of time.
ABOUT BOWLERO CORPORATION:
Bowlero Corporation is the largest owner and operator of bowling entertainment venues in the world with over 290 total centers across four brands. Bowlero combines bowling, dining, and nightlife into an experience that’s is packed with amusing throwbacks and ready to amaze. Bowlero is a blacklight bowling, retro-inspired hangout powered by interactive arcade games, signature cocktails, an outrageous menu of Oversized Shareables, and... nostalgia. Forget everything you thought bowling could be—and experience the kind of epic fun that only happens when you go Bowlero.
As a brief timeline of Bowlero history:
- Bowlero started as a single bowling alley established in Greenwich Village, New York in 1938.
- In the late 1990’s and early 2000’s Bowlmor Lanes revolutionized the sport with the concept of high-end, event-centric bowling.
- In 2013, Bowlero Corporation was founded as Bowlmor AMF following the successful acquisition of AMF Bowling Worldwide by Bowlmor Lanes.
- In 2014, Bowlmor AMF acquired the Brunswick Corporation’s bowling center business and solidified its reputation as the worldwide leader in bowling entertainment.
- In 2018, Bowlmor AMF officially became Bowlero Corporation, beginning a new chapter and signaling a new direction in the company’s continued growth.
Bowlero Corporation’s mission is to “Strive to be a world-class provider of delightful guest experiences, and to provide a dynamic work environment where talented and ambitious associates will thrive.” Their core values include: Integrity, Ownership, Flexibility, Urgency, Never Give Up, Outstanding Design, and Delight Guests.
Exceptional Service. Incredible Value. Limitless Potential.
This is Bowlero Corporation.