SUMMARY: The Senior Event Sales Representative will be located on property and is responsible for closing inquiries through phone calls, emails, conducting site visits and entertaining potential clients. Senior Event Sales Representatives coordinate with the operations team to ensure quality event execution for our guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following.
- Respond to all event inquiries and convert inquiries into booked events.
- Clearly communicate to prospective clients the features and benefits of the company’s properties and event packages.
- Consistently meet or exceed individual monthly sales goal.
- Takes direction well and knows what it means to lead and be a solid supporting cast member for our Director of Sales.
- Assist Director of Sales when it comes to preparing for trade shows, sales missions, and promotional events.
- Seeks out and identify opportunities for proactive account management.
- Works with clients to plan, coordinate, and ensure that your booked events are world-class experiences.
- Cultivates client relationships both while planning and well after.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: n/a
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- At least 3 years in an Event Sales role
- A bachelor’s degree (preferably in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Hospitality)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to own and resolve problems
- Detailed orientated
- Hospitality experience—great if you have it
WORK ENVIRONMENT /PHYSICAL DEMANDS: General office environment where you will walk, bend and stand for periods of time.