Bowlero Corporation, the world's largest Bowling and Entertainment corporation, is looking for a Social Media Specialist based out of our corporate office in New York City.
If you are a driven, motivated professional seeking a challenging and rewarding position with a fun company and great work environment, apply today.
SUMMARY: The Social Media Specialist is responsible for owning and managing all owned social/digital channels, including, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Foursquare & Yelp, across our four brands: AMF, Brunswick Zone, Bowlmor Lanes & Bowlero. They have experience in scheduling posts/ads and social moderation, as well as a strong understanding of digital marketing – both paid and organic. They understand social performance metrics and have experience developing social reports and analysis. They are equally curious about audience insights and developing creative/messaging that our unique fanbase will be receptive to. The ideal candidate will have superior time management skills and excellent attention-to-detail, as well as strong organizational and communication skills. Culturally, we are looking for someone with a “can-do” attitude who is willing to take initiative and excited to support the marketing team in a fast-paced, growing company. This person will report into and work closely with our Senior Digital Manager. There is the potential to turn this into a senior-level Specialist position for the right candidate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Community Management 🗣️
- Manages community relationships, engaging with fans across all platforms via daily moderation of our owned social channels, including organic posts/paid ads
- Maintains our owned social channels – includes managing account access, updating account settings, etc.
- Collaborates with our in-house customer service and sales teams to escalate complaints or event inquiries
- Social Strategy & Ownership 📅
- Makes strategic recommendations on how to support key campaigns or programs; recommends and implements optimizations on an ongoing basis
- Owner of internal social processes and documents, including social post tracker, user-generated content tracker, competitive tracker, master social calendar, social playbook, etc.
- Social Monitoring & Reporting 📊
- Actively follows competitors and industry news to identify trends and topics that are right for the brand
- Develops social reports for key campaigns and programs, as well as ongoing social needs
- Mines audience insights and makes recommendations based on findings
- Able to present performance analysis to key stakeholders
- Content Development 📱
- Manages the creation of social media assets in partnership with our creative team
- Identifies opportunities for real-time social posts
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to ensure all social content on channels aligns with company goals and brand standards
- Other 😄
- Must be able to prioritize requests and manage expectations; be adept at multi-tasking
- Has a passion for marketing and is in-the-know of news and/or major changes in social media
- Comes to the table with new, innovative ideas
- Has a willingness to learn and assist with paid social strategy and other media support needs
- Receptive to feedback and wants to grow
- Team player
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience in marketing
- Enjoys working in a start-up environment
- 4-6 years of related full-time experience working in social media marketing
- Strong understanding of social platform capabilities, including, but not limited to: posting, scheduling, targeting, tracking & analytics, content formats, etc.
- Experience with post scheduling and social moderation, social reporting both natively and with third-party software
- Master of the English language (grammar, spelling and punctuation)
- Proofreading experience is a plus*
- Experience in small business or multi-location marketing is a plus*
- Experience with Wrike and/or MomentFeed is a plus*
*Experience in all of the above listed qualifications is not required, but makes for our ideal candidate.
COMPANY BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Free bowling, billiards, and laser tag, plus discounted arcade game play
- Discounts on food and group events
- Bi-weekly happy hours and monthly team building events
- Summer Fridays
- 401(k) and matching, medical/dental/vision, and commuter benefits
- Perkspot discounts on travel, restaurants, apparel, electronics and more
- Opportunity for extended training through conferences and classes
Bowlero Corporation – the leader in bowling entertainment – is comprised of multiple brands:
- AMF, amf.com, the largest mass-market bowling brand in the world (159 properties)
- Brunswick Zone, bowlbrunswick.com, acquired in 2014 through the purchase of the Brunswick Corporation’s consumer bowling business (54 properties)
- Bowlmor Lanes, bowlmor.com, the founders and innovators of upscale bowling (16 properties)
- Bowlero, bowlero.com, a new concept in sports/dining, heralding a new era in social entertainment (65 properties)
ABOUT BOWLERO CORPORATION:
Bowlero Corporation is the largest owner and operator of bowling entertainment venues in the world with over 290 total centers across four brands. Bowlero combines bowling, dining, and nightlife into an experience that’s is packed with amusing throwbacks and ready to amaze. Bowlero is a blacklight bowling, retro-inspired hangout powered by interactive arcade games, signature cocktails, an outrageous menu of Oversized Shareables, and... nostalgia. Forget everything you thought bowling could be—and experience the kind of epic fun that only happens when you go Bowlero.
As a brief timeline of Bowlero history:
- Bowlero started as a single bowling alley established in Greenwich Village, New York in 1938.
- In the late 1990’s and early 2000’s Bowlmor Lanes revolutionized the sport with the concept of high-end, event-centric bowling.
- In 2013, Bowlero Corporation was founded as Bowlmor AMF following the successful acquisition of AMF Bowling Worldwide by Bowlmor Lanes.
- In 2014, Bowlmor AMF acquired the Brunswick Corporation’s bowling center business and solidified its reputation as the worldwide leader in bowling entertainment.
- In 2018, Bowlmor AMF officially became Bowlero Corporation, beginning a new chapter and signaling a new direction in the company’s continued growth.
Bowlero Corporation’s mission is to “Strive to be a world-class provider of delightful guest experiences, and to provide a dynamic work environment where talented and ambitious associates will thrive.” Their core values include: Integrity, Ownership, Flexibility, Urgency, Never Give Up, Outstanding Design, and Delight Guests.
Exceptional Service. Incredible Value. Limitless Potential.
This is Bowlero Corporation.